Monday, April 30, 2012

World Cruise - Day 9 - Jan 21 - Quepos, Costa Rica - Part 2

Given the 5MB limit of e-mail posts, I again had to split my posting into two parts.  Following are the pics of part 2:
This was the barrier I had to cross to get to the great trail that went up and over the cove and out to Catedral Point (yes, I crawled under that blue netting on the right to enter the closed trail).
I was able to get a photo of some whitefaced monkeys, including this mother and baby.
They were very close to us, within about 15 feet.
This lizard posed nicely for me on a log.
Now we’re on to pics of the flowers.  Lots of them.  I don’t know the names of them, they just looked like great flowers to photograph.
I’m trying to take some photos to enter into a contest onboard at the end of the cruise.  Let me know if you think any are photo contest worthy.
Do you see the bee?
Papaya growing next to the restaurant where we ate lunch.
This little puppy was giving everyone kisses who missed their dogs back home.  We miss you, Coco!  Yes, you too, Louis!
Not a great photo, but it’s the only one we have of our lunch spot.  We had mahi mahi.  Do you see the shading top right in the photo?  My auto lens cover is not fully retracting, so I have to bump it manually now.  This is what happens when I forget.  I guess I could crop that out, but it’s late and thought it might be interesting as is.
Bird of paradise.
We went to a butterfly farm.  Very difficult to photograph butterflies.  OK, easy to do, hard to get really good photos.
I think this is a swallowtail?
This is a blue something, I forget the name.  The inside of the wings look like this, the outside is a brilliant blue.
This flower was growing next to a pond, liked the way the light hit it.
Not sure what this is called, maybe it is a type of bird of paradise as well?
Another butterfly.
Someone told me what this flower is, but I forgot.  Liked the photo anyway.
Not even sure if this is a flower, per se, but liked the look.
Another pic of flowers and flower pods.
I took a lot of pics, so you are only seeing the best of the best at the end of the day.  Even then, I still had to split this into two blog entries due to the size.  I hope you enjoy them!
Tomorrow is San Juan Del Sur, Nicaragua.

3 comments:

  1. I think (of pics above) a good one (to my eye, for its' composition/design) is the one showing the -- red 'S-shaped' plant (with palm left, vine right). Looking forward to more pics and adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you forget to turn the picture of the little doggie-poor thing, hanging by his tail...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, Julie. I was going to comment on the sideways pup!
    The swallowtail butterfly is called a Black Swallowtail (the one with the white/off-white stripes) I think. The black butterfly with the pink is very unique! Still love butterflies.
    Is the photo contest just on flowers? If not, I loved the mama and baby white faced monkey pics. :-) But, then, I love all animals photos. Thanks for keeping me happy with your animal and bird photos.
    Patti

    ReplyDelete