Monday, April 30, 2012

How many ports of call exactly?

Someone asked me how many ports of call we have on our cruise.  Well, that depends.  If you ask me, it’s 34, maybe 35.  If you ask Princess, it’s 44.
Here’s how they do the math:
 
The 34 ports of call (listed below)
  • Add 1 for Fort Lauderdale to get to 35 (we leave from there, so I don’t count it as a “port”)
  • Add 1 for Venice to get to 36 (this is where we end, so I guess you could count it, that’s why I put 34, maybe 35)
  • Add 4 for “scenic cruising ports” to get to 40 (Um, we never stop at these “ports” and never get off the ship, so they’re not really ports, even though we do see land)
  • Add 3 for overnight ports (Sydney, Hong Kong, Dubai) to get to 43 (these aren’t new ports, just an extra day in 3 of the ports)
  • Add 1 for crossing the international dateline (um, we’re still at sea and we actually lose a day, so not sure how that one computes at all)
So out of 107 days on the cruise, we will have 34 ports, plus a bunch of other stuff that Princess calls “ports” that don’t really count, but we’re still looking forward to every one of them.

OK, here is a question, answer in comments if you think you know the answer: how many times will we see a sunset on our 107 day cruise?  Think you know?  Comment below.  And if you’re getting this in e-mail, you would need to go to the blog to comment.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to say 105: removing the last day of the cruise when I presume that you will have gotten off the ship before sunset, and removing another for the day when you cross the international dateline (as you mentioned that you will lose a day). Let me know if I'm right!

    Love,

    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete